Thursday, June 01, 2006

Stop Bitching . . .

And Start A Revolution.

I am so sick and tired or people that feel entitled to complian about the state of our country but refuse to do anything about it. I may not have ever made any world changing contributions, but at least I'm out there trying.

For instance, people are so angry right now about the price of gas, but other than complaining, what are they doing? They are still filling up thier SUVs. We only have ourselves to blame! Gas prices are not controled by opec, they are not controled by exxon, they are not controled by Saudi or American politicians, they are controled by the market, which means they are controled by us. So, the way I see it you can either shut-up and pay the prices or you can get out of your hummer and start doing something about it.

I for one have taken two major steps. First I take the bus whenever possible. It's cheaps it's clean, it runs on time and drops me off four blocks from my office. Now that means I have to leave for work according to what time the bus comes by and I have to walk four blocks both of which are a little inconvienent, but it's an options. Second, I bought a moped. It gets 99 miled to the gallon. I can't take it on the highway but it's perfect for short trips to school and back. It saves me at least 1 tank of gas every month, which right now adds up to about $40.

So, maybe you live in abig city in that case park the car and use public transportation. If you live in a small town, consider walking. If you commute then it would really be worth it to look into a hybrid. They are slightly more expensive but will more than make up for thier price in a year.
Finally, let's not over look the good old fashion car pool. Two people commuting to work use half the gas if they ride together.

So, the next time I hear anyone bitch about gas prices I am going to ask what they are actually doing about them and you all had better have any answer to the question!

Peace

Rachild

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home