Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Chicks Are Back

Thank God for the Dixie Chicks!

I just ran out an bought their new CD, partially because I love their new single (which is getting no radio play), but more so because all the right-wing nutcases are ranting about how no one should by the CD. You know that pretty much anything the religious right tells me not to do, I try to do as soon as possible ( I almost went to see the DiVinci Code just cause Fox news had been bitching about it for a week. )

Anyway, I bought the new CD, and let me tell you, I love it! The whole thing is great, the initial listening got me hooked on #1 and #14 , with number one being vintage chicks materials called the "The Long Way" and # 14 being a soulful reminder that "Our Children are Watching Us." I've been rocking out to both of them about once an hour, but neither one of them gives me goose bumps like "Not Ready to Make Nice."

Maybe you've seen the video for "Not Ready to Make Nice" on VH1, but if you are looking for it on country radio, you are not likely to find it since most Clear Channel stations have banned it. Apparently a lot of country fans are anti-free speech, unthinking, ostriches that prefer to keep their head buried in the sand, or maybe that's just how Clear Channel views them. Either way, the best way to listen to the single is to buy the CD (from anywhere but Wal-mart), or you can find it online at www.dixiechicks.msn.com . It's a great rallying cry, especially right before the mid-term elections when we will need all the help we can get.

So, if you are not ready to make nice, then I suggest you make the Dixie Chicks new single your new theme song. Play it every day between now and November, pass it on to your friends along with every petition you sign, have it on repeat in your walkman while you go door to door for you local candiates. Write "not ready to make nice" in the memo of every check you make out to progressive organizations (even if you can only give $10). Crank it up in your car on the way to the polls. Tell George Bush and his Republican majority you're not ready to make nice.

They think that after the election we have been lulled into complacency while they've spent the last two years driving our country into the ground, but

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad a hell and don't have the time to go round and round and round,
It's too late to make it right,
Probably wouldn't if I could,
I'm mad as hell can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should

Rock on,

Rachild

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home