Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bitch Fight

Hey folks,

Did anyone else see the bitch fight between Senators Kennedy and Specter in the confirmation hearings of Supreme Court nominee Samuel Alito?

The basic gist of the fight is that when Alito was a young pup, he joined a group for "concerned" alumni of Princeton. (Note: when "concerned" is used in the title of organizations, it usually means crazy: i.e. Concerned Women for America). This group of alumni wrote some pretty scary letters to the administration "protesting the integration of racial minorities and women" into the university. Alito cited his membership in the group to help him get promotions during the '80's while working for Ronald Reagan; however, now that racism and sexism are out of fashion among politicians (or at least public admissions of them are), Alito is denying that he remembers ever joining the group.

So today during his hearing, Senator Kennedy offered to refresh his memory by producing the documents where Alito lists membership in the group among his top accomplishments. Surprisingly, Alito agreed to allowing the documents into the hearings, but the chair of the committee, Arlen Specter, did not like this idea at all. A massive bitch fight ensued. I'll give you a summary of it here:

Kennedy: Let me subpoena those documents.
Specter: I'll consider it . . . no.
Kennedy: Do it now or I'm going to bug you until you do.
Specter: You've had months to bring this up; you can't do it on the spur of the moment.
Kenney: I requested this over a month ago, and I have the request right here to prove it.
Specter: You can't tell me what requests I got.
Kennedy: I can tell you what request I sent.
Specter: "I take umbrage to that!"
Kennedy: You don't even know what umbrage means, you blow hole.
Specter: I'm the boss, so shut up. (Slams a gavel on the the desk)

So, the long and short of it is: there is some major dick-wagging going on in our nation's capital. If you want you can see the whole video on CNN.com, it's pretty funny. Check out the bald guy sitting between them. He's is trying to sit very still so he doesn't get caught in the cross fire.

Happy viewing.

Rachild

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Austin said...

Very interesting. My personal favorite is the advertisement just above my comment. Just in case you didn't click on the link the first and the second time, she also added her link there at the bottom. Smooth.

January 28, 2006 at 4:40 AM  
Blogger Rachild said...

I did read the blog, Can't figure out how it realted to mine, but yo each her own :)

February 20, 2006 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home